Buy Organic Rye Grain Online
Buy Organic Rye Grain Online. Rye is an important but less exacting to soil and climate conditions food crop. It is a frost-proof and drought-proof crop that gives not high but stable harvests and grows on poor soils better than most other grain cereals. Rye grain contains 8 – 9% of protein, 67% of carbohydrates, 1% of fat. It also contains vitamins B, D, E, fiber, carotene, and mineral salts. Rye groat is used for bread baking; the bread has good taste characteristics and is not worse and sometimes even better than wheat bread by many features. Eating rye bread prevents heart diseases: rye groat contains linoleic and other fatty acids essential for heart function.
Nutrition credentials of whole grain rye:
- High in carbohydrate (mainly starch), with a lower GI than most other grains.
- Relatively high protein content (around 15%), with a higher lysine content than most other cereals.
- Contains a protein complex which forms gluten.
- Low in fat (most of which is unsaturated).
- High in potassium and low in sodium.
- Excellent source of dietary fibre.
- Rye has more soluble fibre than wheat, however, less is known about the effect of dietary fibre found in rye.
- With B-group vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), folate and pantothenic acid.
- Contains vitamin E.
- Contain iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus and selenium (depending on the soil content of selenium).
- Contains small amounts of copper, manganese and calcium.
- Contains phytochemicals including lignans, phenolic acids, phytic acid, plant sterols and saponins.
|Characteristic||Specification and norm of rye by classes|
|Moisture,%, not more than||%14,5||14,5||%14,5||14,5|
|Falling number, s||More than 200||200 – 141||140 – 80||Not limited
less than 80
|Nature, g/l, not less than||700||680
|Foreign grain,%, not more than||4,0||6,0||6,0||15,0|
|particularly, germinated grains||3,0||5,0||5,0||Within the limits of foreign grain|
|Foreign matter,%, not more than||2,0||%2,0||2,0||5,0|
|damaged grains||%1,0||1,0||1,0||Within the limits of foreign matter|
|Ukrainian knapweed and coronilla (together)||0,1||%0,1||0,1||0,1|
|Rose-coloured grains, %, not more than||3,0||5,0||6,0||Not limited
|Fusarium grains, %, not more than||1,0||%1,0||1,0||%1,0|