Buy Organic Teff Grain Online
Buy Organic Teff Grain Online. The grain is found in different colours, ranging from white, dark brown and red, and is a very fine grain – around the size of a poppy seed – so cooks more quickly than other grains. Teff is a hardy crop, able to withstand both waterlogged soils and drought, so is a dependable staple. Its small size makes it almost impossible to process, which means it is almost always found as a whole grain.
|Product||Conventional Teff Grain / Eragrostis tef|
|General Aspect||Healthy brown color, tiny and thin|
|Shelf Life||24 Months since production date|
|Shelf Life||24 Months from production date|
|Packaging||25 Kg (55.11 Lb) Multilayer Kraft paper bag|
Nutrition Information: Buy Organic Teff Grain
- Gluten free
- Contains high levels of calcium, phosphorus, iron, copper, aluminium, barium and thiamine
- Good source of essential fatty acids
- Good source of phytochemicals such as polyphenols and phytates
- High in resistant starch, which feed beneficial bacteria in the microbiome
- Teff is an ancient crop and was likely domesticated more than 6,000 years ago in Ethiopia, which is the major centre of the plant’s diversity. The name teff is thought to originate from the Amharic word teffa, which means “lost” and likely refers to the minute seeds.
Culinary uses of teff: Teff Grain for Sale
- Mainly used to make injera, a traditional Ethiopian bread. Finely ground grains are slightly fermented, then made into a savoury flat bread, which is described as soft and porous.
- Can also be used to make porridge and traditional alcoholic beverages
Packaging & Shipping
|Number of bags per pallet||40 bags (25 kg each)|
|Pallet Net Weight||1000 kg|
|Pallet Gross Weight||1020 kg|
|Pallet type/treament||ISPM15, Standard 1*1.20cm wood pallet|
|Pallet Wrapping||3 layers of plastic film and secured with four straps|
|Quantity x 20´container – Palletized||10 pallets – NW: 10.000 Kg / GW: 10.200 Kg|